Restaurant On Costa Esuri
The nearest bars / cafes / restaurants, serving traditional Spanish tapas and raciones, can be found in the pedestrianised area of Ayamonte town Centre. Typical holiday-type bars catering to tourists along with more traditional sea food resturants can be found at the Punta del Moral marina area on Isla Canela, near the hotel Riu Atlantico.
- La Puerta Ancha – Great tapas restaurant – excellent food with a modern twist to tapas.
- Meson Juan Macias – Spanish country fair. Situated in the Plaza de la Conronacion and known for the famous “cerdo iberico” products made from the black pigs who lead a free range life eating acorns which gives the meat its distinctive flavour.
- Meson Los Caleros – Traditional Spanish fare, at the bottom of Calle Galdames.
- El Choco – Traditional fish restaurant in Ayamonte tapas style
- Quitapenas – Great tapas restaurant on the marina road– try the Atun Rellenade (tuna stuffed with jamon and baked in the oven with herbs)
- Clavel Bistro Bar – Situated in the back square – live music, good choice for families – more traditional English menu.
- La Posada – Bustling village restaurant – good food and great atmosphere
- Meson Juan Macias – Like the Ayamonte restaurants offers great frilled meats.
San Lucar de Guadiana
- Casa Guabibi – Combine the pleasant drive to San Lucar de Guasdiana with a leisurely meal in the lovely surroundings of Casa Guabibi, for a lovely day out TEL: 0034 – 959 388 102
- Castro Marim Golf Club – Just over the border in Portugal, this golf club is open to non members and offers snacks, lunches and formal evening meals. Sit outside and enjoy a fabulous view – Tel: 00351 – 281 510 330
- Pezinhos N’Areia – Restaurant at the beach serving mostly fish – excellent food and drink. An absolute must visit! Tel: 00351 – 281 513 195
Vila Real de Santo Antonio
- Solar de Gusaiani – very stylish restaurant close to the marina serving Portuguese cuisine. There is also a small tapas bar. Dancing is on a Thursday night.
- Café Latte – Excellent coffees, afternoon teas and cakes. In a good position for people watching in the lovely cobbled streets of Vila Real de Sao Antino.
- Goa – Indian restaurant Tel: 00351 – 281 543 499
- El Papagayo – Bar/restaurant in Caribbean style. Great tapas night every Saturday (reservation recommended). Good for Cocktails. Tel: 00351 – 914 883 697
- Navegante – Dishes from the Portuguese island of Madeira. Tel: 00351 – 281 511 824
- Vicius – Algrave cuisine is a delightful setting of a 19th century fisherman’s cottage.Tel: 00351 – 965 749 992
- Bar 42 – watch the sun go down with a cool beer or why not try a cocktail?
- O Infante – Serves a fabulous selection of dishes. Live music. Very popular. Booking advised for weekends in the summer.NB closed in November Tel: 00351 – 281 956 817